Classification: ANU Officer Grade 4 (Maintenance)
Salary package: $60,260 - $65,487 per annum plus 17% Superannuation
• Apply your trade expertise to ensure the effective delivery of maintenance services to meet the requirements of the University
• Contribute to the University moving towards a preventative maintenance model through enhanced systems and processes
The mission of Facilities and Services Division is to "Enable academic excellence at ANU through integrated and innovative facilities and project delivery." The four key portfolios are Corporate and Client Services, Maintenance, Operations and Projects.
The Maintenance portfolio has responsibility for the delivery of all maintenance activities at the ANU. This encompasses the management and delivery of all statutory, preventative and corrective maintenance, asset management initiatives and capital renewal programmes.
The Mechanical Services Officer (Fitter) will report to the Mechanical Services Supervisor to execute statutory, preventative and corrective maintenance services and to work with other trade staff and contractors to deliver mechanical maintenance and minor works services to the ANU.
To be successful in this role, you will have a recognised trade certificate in mechanical fitting/machining and experience in commercial and/or domestic heating and ventilation plant, building mechanical services and equipment and maintaining air conditioning plant including room air conditioning and large chiller plants. You must be able to demonstrate an appreciation, awareness and understanding of workplace health and safety standards and practices.
For more information, contact Trent Orchard, Service Delivery Manager on T: 02 6125 9420 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University actively encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. For more information on employment opportunities, contact our Indigenous Employment Consultant on email@example.com
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
• A statement addressing the selection criteria.
• A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
• Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful applicant must have rights to live and work in this country.
Position Description & Selection Criteria