Classification: ANU Officer Grade 7 (Information Technology)
Salary package: $56.98 - $59.95 per hour + 9.5% Superannuation
Terms: Casual Employment
- Great short-term opportunity for a Business Analyst
- University research setting | Canberra | ASAP start
- Solid experience in BPM is essential
We are looking for an experienced Business Analyst to undertake business process mapping in relation to the collection and management of ecological data.
This is a casual/temporary placement of up to two (2) months with an immediate start.
The Business Analyst will:
- Establish functional requirements for an SQL database housing historical and new ecological data.
- Engage with stakeholders including field staff, researchers, data providers, and IT support teams.
- Conduct stakeholder meetings and collect user requirements.
- Convert the user requirements into detailed functional specifications with a view to process optimisation and improvement.
- Write use cases, data specifications and test cases.
- Provide a business process architecture and broad system design in a form suitable as the basis of detailed system design and build.
Qualifications and selection criteria:
- Degree in Information Technology or Business, or equivalent combination of relevant experience in a business analyst role, and education/training.
- Experience in business process design principles, including process mapping and business process re-engineering.
- Demonstrated project management skills and experience working with varied development approaches and methodologies including the ability to achieve project deadlines.
- Demonstrated high-level interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including technical writing, with the ability to cultivate and maintain strong working partnerships with a diverse range of groups.
For any enquiries please contact Claire Shepherd on T: (02) 6125 7800 or via email at Claire.Shepherd@anu.edu.au
The University actively encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. For more information on employment opportunities, contact our Indigenous Employment Consultant on firstname.lastname@example.org
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
A scoping document for this project is available on request.
Applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Please note: The successful applicant must have rights to live and work in this country.