Classification: ANU Officer Grade 8 (IT)
Salary package: $94,094 to $100,864 per annum plus 17% Superannuation
Terms: Continuing (Contingent Funded), Full Time
NCI, an operating unit of The Australian National University is built on and sustained by a formal collaboration of national research organisations, CSIRO, Bureau of Meteorology, Geoscience Australia, and other research-intensive universities. NCI is Australia’s leading national provider of high-end computational and data-intensive services.
The Research Data Management Specialist will play a pivotal role in providing high quality data services that interoperate with national and international services in a number of major scientific domains.
Reporting to the Data Management team leader you will:
- Develop and maintain high quality scientific data management services
- Port, install, tune and support tools, software and services that support delivery of NCI's data assets
- Take lead role in data services training and communication
Skills & experience
- Demonstrated capability in data analysis and using data services within Linux environments
- Working knowledge of international scientific data standards, data tools and utilities
- Demonstrated experience in software programming (e.g., Python, Fortran, C, R, Matlab, etc)
- Experience in self-describing data formats (eg. NetCDF4/CF and HDF5)
- Experience in using data services, such as OPeNDAP and OGC services (WMS, WCS, WFS, WPS)
For enquiries contact: Amanda Walker T: 02 6125 9804 E: Amanda.Walker@anu.edu.au
The University actively encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. For more information on employment opportunities, contact our Indigenous Employment Consultant on email@example.com
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful applicant must have rights to live and work in this country.