Job no: 527621
Work type: Continuing
Location: Canberra / ACT
Classification: ANU Officer 3
Salary package: $56,891 - $62,931 per annum plus 17% Superannuation
Terms: Full time, Continuing
- Provide assistance to trade staff carrying out minor repairs and maintenance across all ANU facilities as directed and consistent with the classification level
- Carry out assigned statutory, preventative and corrective maintenance tasks including but not limited to: inspections of plant room and switch rooms, light tube changing and soft facilities management services across Halls of Residence
- Operate a range of equipment in a safe manner, including but not limited to: EWP and forklift, and maintain competency and the required licences
The mission of Facilities and Services Division is to 'enable academic excellence at ANU through integrated and innovative facilities and project delivery'. The four key portfolios are Corporate and Client Services, Maintenance, Operations and Projects.
The Maintenance portfolio has responsibility for the delivery of all maintenance activities at the ANU. This encompasses the management and delivery of all statutory, preventative and corrective maintenance, asset management initiatives and capital renewal programmes.
The Service Delivery team comprises a wide range of trade staff delivering maintenance services and minor capital works to the University at the Acton campus and at remote sites. The team is the primary contact for external contractors engaged by the University and supporting the provision of these maintenance services.
The Maintenance Officer reports to the Maintenance Supervisor, and will be responsive to the Services Supervisors in the Building, Electrical, Mechanical and Plumbing services areas. They support delivery of these services on a wide range of minor maintenance requests, assisting team members and contractors in the delivery of maintenance services to the University. The role covers a range of general duties and responsibilities and the Maintenance Officer will be expected to work across a wide range of areas as required, and as consistent with the classification of the position.
The Maintenance Officer will engage and work with other University staff (both internal and external to the Division) across all ANU facilities and other external stakeholders and contractors as required. They will establish and maintain effective working relationships to support and enable the successful provision of University maintenance services.
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Important Note: Working With Vulnerable People (WWVP) registration may be required for this role in accordance with WWVP Act (2011)
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful applicant must have rights to live and work in this country.
Position Description & Selection Criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now