Classification: ANU Officer 8
Salary package: $97,812 - $104,717 per annum plus 17% superannuation
Terms: Full time, Continuing
- Work with a small and dynamic team of professionals to ensure the maximum effectiveness of research services
- Focus on pre-award activities helping researchers to identify appropriate funding opportunities and collaborative partners, assist in the development of high-quality, competitive research proposals and assist in the management of submission processes
- If you have experience in research management (or comparable services) in a complex organisation, a successful record of managing and developing people, the ability to provide strategic advice to support senior management decisions and the ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve outcomes then this is the role for you.
The ANU College of Asia and the Pacific (CAP) leads intellectual engagement with the Asia-Pacific region through research, teaching and contributions to public debate, and seeks to set the international standard for scholarship concerning the region.
Within ANU, CAP has one of the most successful and diverse research portfolios and the Research Services team is a strategic priority for the College. CAP Research Services provide services for the administration and promotion of research with a particular focus on strategic planning of research funding and development programs, high quality grant applications and post-award processes, effective data management and reporting, and the provision of policies, procedures and guidelines.
The Deputy Manager, Research Services provides high level support to the Manager, Research Services to ensure effective and efficient implementation of strategic and operational plans, and oversees the day to day operations of a busy Research Services team, focussing primarily on pre-award activities, research governance, and academic development.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with academics to develop research in of one of the world's leading centres of research on Asia and the Pacific, and further your career in research management by ensuring quality and professional support provision.
For more information please contact Thea Turnbull, Manager - Research Services. Phone: +61 2 6125 3118 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful applicant must have rights to live and work in this country.